BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 28, 2005

This time tomorrow: will hopefully be halfway through Bhalla’s assignment (ok lets not get too ambitious, would have started on it), both of the Film Analysis assignments being submitted.

This time next week: will be home having muri and shingara with steaming cups of tea with my family, indulgently watching my one and a half year old nephews antics.

This time next month: will be in my sister’s place in Dubai, ideally working as a waiter in Big Macs (making some moolah in hols), but eventually ending up window-shopping.

This time next year: hopefully will be in my plush office fiddling with my super cool laptop contemplating my next groundbreaking expose (for I want to be an investigative journalist), realistically will be in the damp and ugly TOI office in Wellington, Kolkata, running after some know it all prick who is a senior just by the virtue of joining the blasted establishment a year before me.

This time ten years from now: Will be walking into my beautiful apartment in New York and will be at peace with myself mainly because i have apartments in all the major cities of the world(yes i am shallow and materialistic and a true product of capitalism), will have at least a Pulitzer for journalism under my belt and would have visited all the places I always wanted to-Forbidden City (China), Angkor Vat (Cambodia),the pyramids (Egypt) …
And hopefully there won’t be any gaps between hopes and their realizations….

This time in an hour: Madhav beckons…

8 comments:

Runa said...

That makes for a wonderfully good reading. Its really really good, after a long time I read something worthwhile after Tukun da's, ok such a comment coming from mr who is obssessed with his writings, is really some compliment.
let me say amen!
to everything you dream of right at this moment when I am wriing this.

serendipiduous said...

i take the compliment with all that grace that it desreves...thank u solan for ur graciousness...thank u tukun da for setting standards ...tahnk u medusa for that benign smile...thank u india...thank u providence...thank u thank u silence...

concerned citizen said...

I hope all your desires bear fruit, but, why New York? Come to Oregon. It is the next great frontier.

Runa said...

Now thats some Grace I bet.

serendipiduous said...

Oregon it is. The maple country here i come....

concerned citizen said...

Maple country? We think of it as mushroom country. Where I live is like rainforest but colder. It rains alot & is very green with lots of rivers we are about 30 miles west of the pacific Ocean. Look up 'Coquille, Oregon'. There are lots of elk & deer here. & other critters. Not so many people though. & sadly not a lot of opprotunity to get rich. Right now a lot of drilling for Methane gas going on, look up 'Methane energy Corp.' (the Oregon company)
Any thing you want to know about here just ask me & I'll try to tell you.

serendipiduous said...

ooops sorry thought oregon was in canada, its of course in the US of A...and it sounds wonderful!

concerned citizen said...

If you ever want to come, be my guest.