BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 08, 2006


Goodbye Center of Decadence

As the afternoon sun sets over the green CIEFL campus I am suddenly overwhelmed with a sense of surprising nostalgia. Surprising, because in my two years in this campus I have nothing but hated each and every aspect of it, from its hastily put together jam sessions (though I am always the last person to leave the dance floor) to its pretentious Festival of Ideas (thank god we didn’t indulge in that intellectual hedonism this year), from its futile, high voltage GB meetings (I stopped talking to two very good friends for a week after we had a minor clash of opinions) to its loser infested chai crawls (thankfully it died its natural death). And more passionately than everything else, I chose to dislike (am consciously not using the word hate here because hatred would entail some kind of emotional investment) the people here…
And yet today, at the fag end of my stay here, I feel something so indiscernibly weird…
Which raises a lot of questions…was I pretending not to have a good time here?? (sometimes maybe)…was this 2 years stay really that unfruitful?? (maybe not…)
And horror of horrors, will I miss this place?? (I will definitely miss some life long friends that I have made here)…
And most importantly – what do I like about this place??
Apart from the lush greenery of the campus and a few friends , nothing much really, well wait there are other things …yes I do like being part of the Film Club and I do like being a part of something as concrete as a play (whenever we stage one)…
But that doesn’t make up for the bad everything I am subjected to everyday…
And don’t get me wrong I am not talking about the bad mess food (which I kinda like) and the stinky toilets (which I am kinda immune to nowadays)…
Goodbye CIEFL I will all but miss you…

P.S. I hate the grotesque entrance plaza too, God will anyone ever do something about that weird Jantar Mantar meets Great Wall of China thingy!!!

6 comments:

uglygirl said...

ki aar bolbo,
jodi similar post dekhish, bhebenish
imitation is the best form of flattery.

Runa said...

i love you sweet heart.

medusa said...

why is it so bad for u?

serendipiduous said...

@ug
imitation keno hote jabe...we allneed to write our goodbye notes dont we?
@solan
love u too...pls take a break and go to ur brothers place for a day or two...
@mizfit
its not all that bad re...its just that i like t believe it is...

myriadmind said...

for me it is more of a bad habit that i want to get out. Have gone on record sayin this before had it not been for the person i fell in love with and hope to be in love with for the rest of my life. I too dont have happy memories.
The one thing though i have learnt in this place is how to fool most people academically, this place teaches you how to remain in acads without being an academic.
so indebted to this place to teach me that bullshit is acceptable as long u sell it as an opinion....

serendipiduous said...

@myriadmind
but i refuse to believe that u do that