BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 14, 2006

All my life I have tried to be different from her. There have been so many decisions in my life which I have consciously taken, not to end up like her.
I hate it when she looks at me expecting to see a bit of her in me…I hate it when I look at my reflection and see her…

Because deep down, I know I will never be like her… I will never be able take the cruel blows of life so determinedly as she has… I will never be able to love life as passionately as she has… I will never be able to make the mistakes that she has made… I will never be able to learn from those mistakes as she has…

Because she has given me so much that I grudge her her generosity…

Today in reterospect I can safely say that I want to be my mother…my identity lies firmly and happily on the fact that I am my mothers son…

This is for u mom, the grande dame of my life….

She turns 52 today…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe i shouldnt be so afraid of The Blog. With great trepidation i clicked on the link today, dreading the emotions that may lie on the other side. But that was just so heartwarming.

Anonymous said...

i always used to think that... a man never sees all that his mother has been to him till it's too late to let her know ...

i am glad that you have proven me wrong....

but by the way..i hope the post is only for "us"..

have you written the same note to her personally?

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

hey prem

wow. u r a great son. i remember the poem u had written for her. Great that you love her so much. Wish her a very happy birthday. May she enjoy many more.
tc
hf

Lil Mizfit said...

i checked the post a day too late never the less, i hope she has many more. she is very lucky to have u as her son and u r lucky to have her...TC

concerned citizen said...

Wow! Is that what boys think?

if my son wrote me a great poem like that, I'd treasure it forever.

serendipiduous said...

@Pakora : :)
@reality check: of course she wnt get to read this, simply because i will never tell her about my blog...but now that u point it out am definitely cnsidering mailin it to her...
@ajay: awww thanks ajay...
@mizifit: will conver her ur regards
@l>t am sure ur son thinks about u more than u think..

concerned citizen said...

yes, I am secure in the knowledge that he does. :)

serendipiduous said...

yay....