BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 15, 2008

Memories ...
It was supposed to be a quiet afternoon…ma and me will take the afternoon metro to New Market, where she will shop for "parsi lace" (whatever that means) to lace her saree with… enamoured by the quaintness of the endeavour I centred my entire weekend around the trip… after purchasing the parsee lace, we decided we will catch the evening show of Mama Mia…ma will soak in the memories of her ABBA youth, while I sought solace in the collective memories of the 1970s (how I romanticise the 70s)… dinner at Nizams, where ma will tuck into biriyani …I will gnaw at chunks of panir in eerily orange gravy…
Early Sunday morning, we bickered and fell apart as usual… the plan was cancelled… but I have vivid memories of it… an afternoon that never was….

9 comments:

sudeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sudeep said...

This can be converted to a perfect poem

sista said...

..its all in the details...its all in the mind...the mind, so fertile, so independent...yet so inexcusably needy at times. Dang.

Make sure she catches that show. Huge, huge fun! We had the regular screening here (Canada) and then the sing-along one...oh! the lusty, singing (while stupidly grinning!) to familiar lyrics and melodies...make sure she goes.

Anonymous said...

shob kichhu ke eto ta idealise korish tui

uglygirl said...

New Post!

Lara Baggins said...

Poor Maa... horrible Credit Cards :P

Anonymous said...

Its a lazy Saturday afternoon - and I just whiled away an hour-and-a-half reading your blog posts from all the way back in 2006.

Now, whatever insecurities you have about your height/weight/etc. you should definitely be proud of your ability to capture in your writings things we all see in passing but can rarely express :)

Unlike you, I left Calcutta (well before it became Kolkata) and have left a part of me there. That's probably why I specially enjoyed your posts about the city (metro, the whiff from Flurys etc.) - it brings back familiar sights and sounds.

Please keep posting.

Runa said...

vivid memories of something that never happened...one of the most romantic things to do...

even I have so many such memories, where I create each event to perfection in my own head...

sphinx said...

you just recreated the essence of most of my weekends there.. elaborate yet futile plans..