BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 07, 2008

C R A S H
When I’m alone I keep the television (which is two rooms away) on at night …disembodied voices and signature tunes of shows waft in, lulling me into a very urban sense of security… it’s as if the grotesque soap opera of life is unfolding outside while I bury myself in the blueness of my room… it’s nice this way …
I don’t feel completely alienated from my reality, though it becomes difficult sometimes, to distinguish what has actually occurred from what should have happened…
At times, I spend hours trying to think about people hurtling across the hinterlands in trains at that very moment… it’s a kooky promise I made to myself in a sleep-bereft train journey between Vizag and Howrah almost a decade ago… I had promised that in the security of my home, when I am safely tucked in my bed, I will try and think about those who are
uncomfortably twisting and turning in blue-sheathed bunkers… how fragile yet potent is their existence in these steel boxes… their lives and realities, their loved ones back home and their temporary bonds with fellow passengers, equally palpable and dreamlike…

3 comments:

uglygirl said...

i want to let you know that i look forward to reading your life the most now. and hope to find myself in it. someway or the other.

i wanna come to kol again.

:)

sudeep said...

More than the content, you have got the feel and tone of this post exactly right.

sudeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.