BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Soulmate

Clearly, we are meant to be together… like Jonathan and Clare in A Home at the End of the World…half in love and half seriously contemplating a life together…
Both pilot and captive of the impossible sequence of events that keeps us away…But there she is, inert in a dusty corner of Hyderabad (a city which seems to be hell bent on discarding its glorious past and become a place where grotesque granite and concrete structures are considered to be man's highest form of artistic expression) surrounded by orange t-shirts, empty nutella bottles and walls of chick lits, and here I am, a hapless victim of vanity, pretending to read important books in empty Barista Cafés …

3 comments:

uglygirl said...

Premankur is

piece of clean earth in a garbage filled dump.
warm corner in an AC room.
Salvation in a soul starved city.
Orange clothes in a black black closet.
Khichuri on a day like this.
Barista Coffee and sandwich to a perennial dieter.
insanity to my mundane
familiarity in a strange pub.
Wind to my wings,
Storm in my tea cup,
Ellen to my Oprah,
Jack to my Karen.

Soulmate!

Anonymous said...

mr prem,
when will u ever send one of your works re?

uglygirl said...

come naaa


read my blog and tell me how you like it?