BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 14, 2006


Remains of a life…
As I scrape down the last shirt off my wardrobe(for that’s how I pack), It dawns upon me that this probably the last time I will see the insides of this room…smell myself in it…
And as I look out of the window to wipe away a tear (yes I indulge in a lot of drama…) I see the clothesline where I used to hang my frantically washed clothes twice a day ( for am an obsessive washer)…
We tend to sentimentalise everything don’t we...sigh…
The comp which connected me to u all now has to be safely cushioned in its cardboard box so that it can withstand (along with me) a 27 hour long journey across the Andhra Coast, Orissa and then rain swept, lush Bengal…
And then of course there are the remains…little things that I can’t bring myself to discard…a bunch of 10 downing street coasters (which a giggling Ug and I flicked from the hallowed pub, what I, a teetotaler was doin in a pub is a different question altogether)…
Catalogues of various art exhibitions we visited for our incredibly lame Modern Indian Art course…stupid withdrawn magazines from the British council library that I never read but took just coz they were for free (I mean why would I ever read Science today…)
Brochures of plays that I went to…gift wrappers which I always neatly fold and keep under my mattress…Film Club posters which I so passionately made (what a fool I was to think that they will ever be appreciated)…
things that I will not need…
For they are the remains of a life I am leaving behind…
p.s.the pic is that of a sunset as viewed from our terrace...it was captured by the myriad minded "myriadmind"...

7 comments:

Runa said...

don go please...ok i ve bugged you enough with this.

u made me cry again u fool

take care.

come back sooooooooooooooooooon

uglygirl said...

i love you you know.
thank god we have all left
ciefl would be intolerable w/out you and your room/my haven.
so wish we could all be together.
but in a way its good you are leaving.
too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

NeiLDC said...

where r u going?

Lil Mizfit said...

*sigh* i felt da same when i left my hostel room. ::hugz::

Anonymous said...

Losses lavishly loose their luminosity
As one heads for Gains elsewhere
Yet, CIEFL would croon about
Good Souls

Stay You

serendipiduous said...

awwww...muaaahu all...

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... 8 ball slots v2.0 day acuvue lens http://www.unreal-big-boobs.info/Oriental-lesbian.html X+box+parental+control+reset http://www.purdue-oxycontin-patent.info/acuvue-contact-best-contact-lens-freshlook-color-contact.html Buspirone hydrochloride evaluation Glitzy jewelry http://www.portablemp3player9.info/Acuvue-2-contacts-html.html free contacts acuvue contacts contactlensspotcom Eye surgery complications minnesota malpractice lawyer http://www.nude-latin-hunks.info/Free-hilton-paris-sex-tape-viewing.html Online business cards printer Coffee maker stainless steel carafe Vitamin b complex dosage Acuvue contact lenses acuvue contacts Wep cam sex Acuvue bifocal contacts Pentagram and the wild rose