BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Anyone who has anything to do with me, knows by now how this incredibly popular search engine wronged me by not offering me a job…
But what they don’t know (and I didn’t either, till I replayed the whole interview over and over again in my mind) is how I managed to muck up everything…
All I remember are the good bits- this incredible and finely balanced combination of apprehension (overconfidence will put them off, a lil bit of nervousness and apprehension is good, it shows earnestness) and confidence that I apparently exude, the doctored honesty ( “I was disillusioned with my graduation results, I can probably blame it on lack of hard work, but I personally feel I was punished for being overtly creative”…read- I sleepwalked my way through my graduation years and thank god I can blame my poor show on Calcutta University’s notorious rigidity…) and of course the ever disarming smile…
But the not so good patches will and has answered all my questions and doubts…
Sample this-
Interviewer: why this incredibly popular search engine???
Me: I knew this was coming…well …maybe coz of the freebies that you offer…*nervous laugh*…no just kidding *damage control*…

Interviewer: how will all your cultural studies courses (feminism today, modern western thinkers etc) help you in your job?

Me: ummm this is where I say something wonderfully impressive and bowl you over don’t I… but I am really drawing blanks…*trying to melt the interviewer with my 100 watt smile, who seems suitably amused* am sorry but am still drawing blanks…

I managed a semblance of an answer only after a minute or so (but boy did it seem like eternity)

So the next time i come to any of u for any kind of sympathy regarding this particular failure, u know what to say…

4 comments:

Lil Mizfit said...

hey! get over that 'search engine' thingie already! it's done, it's over it's past. FINI!

Anonymous said...

aw..... am sure ure intvw wasn't as disastrous as u made it out to be! lol.. ive given intvws which were far more quirky - and hence, the non result! lol.. oops, didnt mean to compete with ya on this one! *grin*

myriadmind said...

besh moja laglo porey kintu eto tao hoy ni nishchoi

Unknown said...

if this is the 'search engine' i work for, consider yourself lucky, they've been known to interrogate ppl for 27 rounds n then reject them!! :)