BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 22, 2006




Little Women...




Nostalgia does bring out the worst in us…horrible bouts of sweepy,sentimental ramblings that we are so susceptible to, tend to overwhelm and in retrospect embarrass us…but still I shall succumb… today I viewed the 1994 adaptation Louis May Alcott’s fabulous Little Women after a long long time, apart from being a remarkably faithful and yet insightful adaptation ( the director successfully captures Laurie’s sexual tension layered chemistry, with each of the March sisters), it also happens to be one of the family favorites…we quite fancied ourselves to be the March family…sigh…me my sister and her friends…with me playing an androgynous cross of Laurie and Amy (Amy coz I was the youngest )…the sentimentalist in my sister quite liked embracing the tragic character of Beth …and there was a little bit of Joe in all of us…
It also takes me back to those heydays of reading with such unbridled frenzy…of those gilt edged pages of classics like Little Women, Secret Garden and Huckleberry Finn…and those unreasonable myths about peacock feathers doubling when kept in between pages…
Am already regretting this post….
But what the heck …

5 comments:

Matt said...

I enjoyed reading your posts. Your writing is nicely descriptive and flows well. Thanks.

Runa said...

I completly and absolutly love you. I wish i had the time to write too :(

Anonymous said...

nice work...

Anonymous said...

this is the cutest post on this blog

uglygirl said...

write some more daa!!